Start - Research - Organization - Partners - Research Groups - Contact
VINN Excellence Centers
VINN Excellence Centers provide a forum for collaboration between the private and public sectors, universities and colleges, research institutes and other organizations that conduct research. The Centres deal with both basic and applied research and they work to ensure that new knowledge and new technological developments lead to new products, processes and services.
In addition to the ProNova Centre, the following Centers are part of the current VINN Excellence Centre program:
- Antidiabetic Food Center
- Centre for ECO2
- Center for Sustainable Communications
- Faste Laboratory
- HELIX - Managing Mobility for
Learning Health and Innovation
- HERO-M - Hierarchic Engineering of Industrial Materials
- iPack Center - Ubiquitous Intelligence in Paper and Packaging
- Mobile Life Centre
- Next Generation Innovative Logistic
- SAMOT - The Service and Market Oriented Transport Research Group
- SUMO, Supramolecular biomaterials structure dynamics and properties
- WISENET, Uppsala VINN Excellence Center for Wireless Sensor Networks
- Wingquist Laboratory Excellence Centre for Efficient Product Realization
Berzelii Centres focus on excellent basic research.
- UPCS Centre for Forest Biotechnology (UCFB)
- Uppsala Berzelii Technology Center for Neurodiagnistics
- Stockholm Brain Institute Berzelii Centra
Institute Excellence Centres
Institute Excellence Centres have the aim of creating leading international environments for research, development and innovation activities in fields that are important to the future growth and competitiveness of Sweden.
- Acreo Fiber Optic Center
- Casting Innovation Center, CIC
- Center for Networked Systems, CNS
- Center for Process Integration in Steelmaking, PRISMA
- Centrum för avancerade sensorer, multisensorer och sensornät, FOCUS-FOI
- Centrum för eko-effektiva och beständiga träbaserade material, EcoBuild
- Controlled Delivery and Release, CODIRECT
- I-centre IMAGIC Imaging Integrated Components
Strategic research centres
Strategic research centres consist of several co-localized research groups that cooperate to solve an important research problem.
- The PROGRESS Centre for Predictable Embedded Software Systems
- CIAM Center for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- Gothenburg Mathematical Modelling Center
- MOVIII, Modeling, Visualization and Information Integration
- SSF Center for High Speed Wireless Communication
The list above shows centres partcipating in leadership training arranged by VINNOVA 2008-2010.
For more information about Swedish research centres see the funding agencies' pages.
Last updated: December 14, 2009